Sunday, July 22, 2007

You Say Do What Now?

Originally Posted: Wednesday, October 04, 2006

According to something I read in the paper today the host of Survivor had "no idea that Asian meant people from different countries like Japan, China and Korea" before the new Survivor: Race Wars started. He was also shocked to find out that Asians don't have a strong loyalty to other Asians. Beg pardon?

Wait. Hold on. I have to clarify. Is this man mentally retarded? Seriously. I need to know because it's not nice to make fun of the handicapp - - uh, handiCAPABLE. Can I get a judges ruling?

No? Not retarded? Not officially? Fine. Let's move on.

What the fuck is wrong with this man? He, apparently, was under the impression that Asia was one large country. This almost makes my brain melt out of my ear. Are all Caucasians from the Caucasus? Are all Chicanos from Chile?

Has he never heard of the Sino-Japanese wars? China vs. Japan? There were two of them? Missed those? How about the annexation of Korea by Japan in 1910? No? They made all the papers! I swear. I wouldn't make that up. It's called history and there are many reference materials available. We call them "books".

The thing that really kills me is that he must believe that other people don't know this. If not he would know that saying such a thing in public would make him look like a . . . are we sure he's not retarded?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You caught on to it - Did you know that there are people that think the USA has 51 states? No kidding!