Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world. - Leonard Cohen


Can’t sleep. Can’t sleep. Can’t. Bloody. Sleep.

The worst part is that due to this fact I’m watching horrible movies. Truly. Not just funny bad but baaaad bad . When will it end? Why me, Lord?

Since Monday I’ve watched the following. Feel my pain.

Life After Tomorrow -
Documentary
Interviews with women who were in either the Broadway or road company of Annie. Apparently it really fucked them up.
Bonus: “Tomorrow” stuck in my head for about 8 hours.

Trembling Before G-d -
Documentary
Interviews of gay people who were brought up Hasidic Jews and either came out or live in the closet. Apparently it really fucked them up.
Bonus: The English guy was in the closet? Seriously? Wait. Hold on. For reallsies? If you say so.

Motel Niagara -
Drama
Can’t even explain it. It’s vignettes! Oy.
Bonus: Craig Ferguson is good even when he’s given about 10 minutes of screen time.

Rent -
Vomit Inducing Rock-Opera
You can’t hear me scream so I can’t explain how much I dislike this thing.
Bonus: “…for people with AIDs. People like me.” “Me too.”
“Take your AZT.”
“Your own blood cells betray…”
Wait. Does one of the characters have HIV? I’m sorry. It’s too subtle for me. Oy. I hate when I get hit over the head with a theme. Just sayin’.

Rock Bottom: Gay Men & Meth -
Documentary
Interviews of men who are current or recovering meth addicts. I’ve seen it before but I was bored so I watched it again.
Bonus: No bonus. Just sad.

The Watcher -
Thriller
Psycho killer follows psycho cop to new city in order to torture him.
Bonus: Keanu Reeves & James Spader are pretty. So pretty.

Oh, shit. Rent is on. I have to go kick the screen in.

No comments: