Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Cure For What Ails You


Mushroom & Matzoh Ball Soup
1/2 Cup Yellow Onion, Diced
1/2 Cup Carrot, Sliced
1 Cup Frozen Peas
1 8 oz. Package of Sliced Wild Mushrooms
1 8 oz. Package of Sliced Baby Portobello’s
2 Quarts of Stock (Chicken or Vegetable)
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Package of Matzoh Ball Mix
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper To Taste
In a large skillet sauté the onions, carrots, mushrooms & garlic in the olive oil until soft (about 20 minutes).
While vegetables are cooking prepare the matzoh ball mix as directed on the package.
Matzoh mix will have to be refrigerated for 15 minutes.
In a large stock pot bring stock to a boil.
Wet hands.
Roll small (important that they are small as they get bigger when they cook) balls of matzoh mix and drop into boiling stock.
Cover stock pot tightly & simmer for 20 minutes.
When matzoh balls are done transfer vegetable mix to stock pot and add frozen peas.

Simmer for 5 minutes. Ladle into soup bowl. Eat.
I love soup. It's so easy!

EDITED TO ADD: Baked Apples or Apple Noodle Kugel would be the perfect dessert after this. Why didn't I get apples, when I went to the store? WHY?! Damn cold medicine.

9 comments:

BlondeJustice said...

Yum! That looks delish.

Dark Fury said...

It is, even if I say it myself!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am totally making that this week! Thanks for the recipe!
-J

Dark Fury said...

You're welcome!

BlondeJustice said...

Hey, how come J only comments on your blog? Are you his favorite of something?

BlondeJustice said...

"or" something

Dark Fury said...

Yes. Yes, I am.

Anonymous said...

I'm also going to steal this recipe for this weekend. For a special someone. . . :)

girlysmack said...

Yes, I think Adrienne is J's favorite of something. Favorite of the glow-in-the-dark spicy Mexican Jewesses. Heehee. I loves me some Dark Fury...