Wednesday, August 1, 2007

If You Can't Afford To Tip Then You Can't Afford To Go Out!




The 30 minute whore is everywhere. Why? Why? Seriously, what am I? Job?!



30 Minute Meals was bad enough but I could live with it. I changed the station. Done. Then $40 A Day...OK. Too much but still ok. But now she's endorsing every product under the sun and has, what? 32 shows? On at any given time. Aurgh! It's too much.



Maybe it wouldn't bug me so much if she didn't constantly abbreviate words/phrases that take more time for her to explain the abbreviation of than to actually say. No. No. Even without the abbreviations she'd still be friggin' irritating. Perhaps if she learned how to use measuring devices? What kind of a cook "eyeballs" a cup of anything? How is telling someone to use a handful of something helpful? Um, hi! People have different sized hands. My handful and Mike Tyson’s handful? Probably different. Still, I can deal with this. I can live with her fake ass perky attitude. It's all good in the hood. I have a remote control I can flip away. So, Hmmm...what's the real issue?



The real issue is that she's rich as Roosevelt and apparently thinks that it's ok to tip less than 10% on any purchase. I came home a few minutes ago and her $40 a Day was on. It was that oh so exciting moment when they flash the break down for the price of her meal on the screen. She spent $10 on breakfast and, with tax and tip? It was a whopping $11.75. Now if one person wants to be a cheap piece of goods well then that's up to them but to imply that this is acceptable behavior to your legions (why? why? I need to know!) of fans is neither delish nor yum-o. It's creepy and sickening, just like those cutesy expressions.



Someday, come the revolution, the wait staff of the world will rise up and slay her and she'll have no one but herself to blame.

3 comments:

girlysmack said...

My mom always said, "Anyone could eat for $40 a day if they are tipping like that!"

girlysmack said...

I also love to watch her "30 minute meals" just to laugh at her when she uses the word "sack." A "sack" of broccoli, a "sack" of potatoes...

teehee ... She just said "sac" ... teehee ...

BlondeJustice said...

Write a new blog.