Saturday, August 18, 2007

Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.

I started my new job on Tuesday. There are some great things and some not so great things about it (as in everything else in life). So, I shall make lists….As I do.

Pros:
1. I’m getting paid.
2. Hot….and I mean HOT men come in every day to look at apartments. Oh! And they’re friggin’ rich! Gotta’ love it.
3. I’ve already found a new gay friend. I know. It’s shocking. So lucky he is there because the business is a little uptight so at least I have one person to talk shit with. Sing Hallelujah! Example? Today the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen up close came in right as D. went to lunch. He whipped around and said he could go later. Oh. Honey. No. You take your lunch! I wouldn’t dream of detaining you. There was much bitterness on his part whilst I laughed like a drain.
4. I’ve only been showing apartments for two days and I’ve already got three lease applications in. Easy? Little bit!
5. All the cholos on the maintenance crew love me. Again, you’re shocked. I know.
6. The commute Monday-Friday is pretty damn good so far. It only takes me an hour and about fifteen minutes each way.
7. There is a Whole Foods Market right next door.
8. Seriously? It’s so friggin’ easy. For someone who hates talking to strangers I’m bloody good at it.
9. With all the walking around I’ve been doing I’m pretty sure I’m being paid to exercise.
10. The tenants, so far, are stupid nice. They’re like Canadians! They are much with the politeness.

Cons:
1. I won’t get my first pay check till 08/31. This is the suck as I need the cash. I had to have my wind shield replaced a few weeks ago and it cost an obscene amount of money.
2. I was told that my outfit today was too casual. They want me to wear suits and shit. However, on the plus side when I explained that I would have to wait a couple of pay checks to improve the old wardrobe they didn’t get pissy about it.
3. The other two people in the office are, as previously mentioned, a wee bit uptight. Seriously. If I dropped the s bomb I think they might faint.
4. I haven’t really been getting any training. They basically showed me the forms and then flung me to the wolves. Also, they keep asking me to do things they haven’t told me how to do yet. It’s a bit annoying but they do, in the end, realize that Oh yeah! We haven’t told her about that yet!
5. All the cholos on the maintenance crew love me.
6. The commute on Saturday is a bitch on wheels. Please, somebody, explain to me what the fuck is up with that!
7. There is a Whole Paycheck Market right next door.
8. I do a lot of filing. A. Lot. Apparently nobody had filed anything for about a month before I got there and when they did they didn’t seem to know their alphabet.
9. It’s very disorganized. Which is a struggle for me. It makes me a little mental.
10. People keep saying, “From where? You drive all that way?! Every day?! Wow!” At least once a day. Come on, people! Get over it! Then, of course, they start talking about how they could never do it…blah…blah…blah. So? You don’t have to. Get a grip.

So, all in all, I like it so far. When I get paid I’ll like it even more.

No comments: