Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Oy. Where to start? Where. To. Start?

Well, I’ve been at my new job for about three and a half weeks and it’s going well. However, there are now only two people who work in my office. 1.) My manager 2.) Me…That is all. There were two other people but they both went bitch cakes and quit on the same day. So now we’re up to our eyes in work. If I ever see those two again I may kill them. I have one day off this week. Actually, I had one day off this week. It was Wednesday. It is over now, sadly. Oh, well. What can ya’ do? Bloody nothin’ that’s what.

On the up side my manager wants to make me the assistant manager. And me with no ambition to speak of! She has to ask her boss first and it may not happen because, again, I’ve only been there three weeks. But, as my mother said…Crikey! What do you get after a full month? Chairperson of the board? Maybe, ma. Maybe.

I had my day off today and I got to see a couple of my friends. Thank goodness! I was beginning to feel like I was never going to see anybody again! All by myself…don’t want to be…all by myyyyyyyselllllf anymooooore….I went and had my hair straightened. I went and had Chipotle with Olivia and saw Blades of Glory. Also, we did ear candling. It’s awesome! It’s like a high colonic for your ear canal! I can hear everything. Every-bleedin’-thing in the known flippin’ world! It’s crazy. Especially when you consider that I am legitimately half deaf in my left ear. I haven’t been able to hear this well in years. Again? Crazy!

I must away to bed now as I’m back to work in the early morning tomorrow but first! A few shout outs!

Patherine:
Good luck with your thesis. Not that you’ll need it because whatever you write will be brilliant. As far as I’m concerned it’s just a formality and you’ve already gotten the degree. Jane would be so proud!

GirlySmack:
Aaaah! Sadie went to school! Did you love having just Jack at home today or did you cry? I bet a little of both. I also bet that Sadie, whether in a diaper or not, will be one of the most popular kids there. She’s grand and you’ve both done a gorgeous job with your children. Good parenting is lovely to watch and you always give a good example. Also, what font do you want your list in? When I get a chance everybody gets a list!

O-Liv:
Thanks for the candling, man! It was good to finally see you. You see? This is why I’m torn about moving north! I want to be able to see all my people on my days off! It’s a quandary. PS? You are a loser with two “o”s and if I had an umlaut I would use it!

That’s all! See you all…sometime, I’m sure! Comment to me! I feel so alone without comments! I’m a loser. What?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comment!

Anonymous said...

J/K. Thanks for the shout-out; I'm mad I didn't get to hang with the cool girls today. Maybe another time. Was "Blades" awesome?

"How . . . dare . . . you!"

I wanna see it!

Congrats on becoming the new asst mgr. You already have the job; it's in the bag, this is just a formality.

girlysmack said...

I am so happy you have blogged again. I was really suffering...

And thanks for the shout-out. Sadie had a super time. I didn't really get that choked up (I know, I was shocked) but I think that was because I was seriously having an out-of-body experience at the time. Yeah. I was at Wawa. That's it.