Thursday, September 13, 2007

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen.

If you know me at all then you know that I don't ever believe that I am having an extra-sensory experience. That being said, the weirdest thing ever happened today at work.

I was waiting on the fourteenth floor for some movers to bring up furniture a tenant had ordered. I was standing there for about a minute when I heard all the elevators start to come up. All the elevators stopped on the fourteenth floor. The doors opened at the same time. Nobody was there. Hu, I thought, that's weird. The doors closed and started to go back down. Then? I heard them all come up again. The same exact thing happened. Six times! And after the third time? The light overhead starting blinking.

Finally the movers came and we got the furniture situation sorted out. They went down in the service elevator. The regular elevator came before I pushed the button. I sh*t you not! Hu, I thought again, that's wicked weird.

I went back down to the office and asked my boss if there had been a power surge or anything. She said no. I said did the lights down here blink? She said no. I said, Hu. That's weird! Then I told her what had happened and she said....wait for it! Were you on the fourteenth floor? Um......yeah. Why do you ask? Because, she said, that's where the man died. 'Scuse me?! What? No thank you! She was freaked out. I was freaked out. I have no desire to ever again go to that floor. End of story. Tell me that's not frickin' creepy! Again? No. Thank. You!

5 comments:

BlondeJustice said...

Holy Crap!!!

Anonymous said...

Shiza! It's like our very own version of "1408," only in NoVA!

Dark Fury said...

Right?! Only not scary. It was weird and kind of hair-standing-up-on-the-back-of-my-neckish but not scary.

girlysmack said...

ewwwwwww... that is really creepy... I wonder how he died? and if he was an elevator repair man or something...

Roxanna said...

That is wat creepy!!!