Thursday, December 27, 2007

You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.


I just completed my phone interview for the union organizer position. The lady who interviewed me was really nice and down to earth and….wants me to come to Chicago for a day of information! If, after that, I’m selected I would do a 3-4 month internship (paid). After that if both I and the organization feel I’m in the right place I would be an organizer and living out of a suitcase. Why? Because I would basically be traveling to wherever the union needs me. I’d be working, during campaigns, every day but, hey, ya’ know what? That’s fine. If you like what you do and you know you’re helping people it wouldn’t suck as much as, say…my last job! Where I worked every day for weeks and wanted to kill people. Sigh. I would be based, at first, out of my home state which is disappointing but, again, I’d never be there.

I am, I must admit, in a quandary. I was offered another position today which is steady work in my hometown and I do need the money. It’s with the District Child Support Agency. So, that is helping people but I’m still torn. I must think.


I’ll keep you updated.

2 comments:

girlysmack said...

Wowowowowow! How awesome! When it rains, it pours...

Roxanna said...

Well I wish you all the luck in the world I am sure whatever you do will be great.