Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Is It Me?

Today my mother called and left the following message on my voice mail:

"This is your mother. Did your grandmother call you? She called me but didn't leave a message. When I called her back nobody answered so I was just calling to see if she called you. That is all."

My grandmother hadn't called me.

I called my grandmother.

Grandmother: Hello?
Me: Hi. My mother wants to know why you called her.
Grandmother: Oh. Well, I called her to tell her to call you and tell you to call me but she didn't answer.
Me: Ooookay. Well, what do you need?
Grandmother: Can you go to the store for me?
Me: Yeah
(Long Pause)
Me: What do you want from the store?
Grandmother: Milk, remember 1%, catsup and, I guess, that's all.
Me: Ok, wel--
Grandmother:(cutting me off) OK, bye. (Hangs Up)

I ask you, is it me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, while you're there, can you get me some Blue Star Ointment? Okay, thanks.
-J

Dark Fury said...

No. No, I can't.