Sunday, May 4, 2008

SU-PRISE! SU-PRISE! SU-PRISE!

I wish to thank all my friends who got together and gave me a surprise party. One of my dreams realized, at last! I hope a good time was had by all. I know I had a lovely time. I deeply appreciate all the trouble my friends went to. Below you will find 10 highlights.

1. Birthday presents:
A. A massage from Blonde Justice so that I could, ya’ know, move and breathe. Lord love her!
B. Dorothy Parker martini glasses from Retainer Girl. I’m using them right now. Well, one of them.
C. Last, but by no means least, a kick ass poster of all our super hero identities done by Sarah from Red Fire. (I may now have to write a comic book. As long as we can get Sarah to ink it!) It bloody rules! I’ll post a picture of it as soon as I get one.

2. Cake! Not just any cake but a cake made to look like me by Elisa. It also rocked. I didn’t like to cut it. It was a trifle weird. But I hear it was delicious! So, whatever, hack me to bits!

3. Driving up to DC listening to intentional tone deaf singing.

4. Being told “Surprise!” three times before I got that it was a surprise party. What? I’m easily confused. Don’t judge me.

5. Meeting new people - always a bit stressful but what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger and everyone was funny and lovely.

6. Mint juleps. Never again. ½ was too much but I appreciate the thought.

7. Absinthe. Hu. I hate licorice. Loathe it. Yet, for some reason, while the first taste is really quite offensive, it does have a rather compelling after taste. Would I drink tumblers full? No. A sip here and there? Bring it.

8. Giving out dollar bills and the occasional bit of change. What? Rent is expensive in DC. I’m a giver. Besides, wee Stu needs the money for dancing lessons.

9. Listening to a song about me that consisted of two words repeated over and over again. Every Mozart has to start somewhere, Emre, don't worry.

10. Hanging out with my friends, whom I adore!

Pictures to follow, I'm sure, at some point.

Love you all to bits, mean it!

4 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

So glad you had a wonderful time! It *was* weird eating your hair, I must admit.

Dark Fury said...

Right? I couldn't do it! Elisa is too good.

BlondeJustice said...

YAY!!!! I am so glad you had fun. Drinking, mamma biscuit, vodka & ginger and dancing male behinds.......lovely!

Dark Fury said...

OOH!

11. Mamma Biscuit! What's better than that?