Saturday, August 16, 2008

Take Two (million and six)!

Today I cleaned out my car. It was disgusting. My car is clean and I am filthy. I found jackets and shoes I forgot I owned. Oy. So, yeah, maybe once a year isn't often enough. Who knew?

Also, as of today, I've quit smoking...again. I know. I know, I've tried before. I KNOW! But I'm feeling good about it this time. Last time I quit I just decided one day to do it and didn't prepare at all. This time I think I'm prepared.
  • I cleaned out my car so it no longer smells.
  • I threw away all my cigarettes and cigarette related paraphenalia (except my engraved zippo - it says "Dark Fury" I had to keep it. Besides, I've never filled it so how can it hurt?).
  • I purchased the Commit nicotine replacement system. They're gross but we'll call the aversion therapy.
  • I joined a quit smoking support group website.

We'll see.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's freakin AWESOME!!! Great decision! Congratulations!
-J

Andrew said...

Shit. Who am I going to bum cigs off now?

Er, I mean, congrats!! :)

Retainer Girl said...

Wow. Well, I hope you really do it this time!

Dark Fury said...

A.Thanks, Katherine. You're a peach.

B. Don't be selfish, Andrew. Especially since you only bum them off of me every few months. I think you can live w/out or buy your own.

C. Thanks, J!

CindyLou said...

Congratulations and good luck! I've tried quitting many times myself, still can't figure out how to not smoke while I'm drinking! Let me know if you ever figure that one out.

BlondeJustice said...

Ju can do it!!! I believe in you plus I am your sponsor. :D

Dark Fury said...

You totally are! Now I just need to pick a higher power...Zeus? Kali? Hmmmmm....so many choices!