Monday, October 22, 2007

Oh, sleep! It is a gentle thing, beloved from pole to pole.

I am an old woman. Old I say! Used to be that I could go and drink to the wee small hours of the morning and then trot off to work while, if not exactly smiling, not cursing all of G-d's creation. Those days have passed.

First of all, let me say that I had a blast Sunday night and it was well worth the agony of having to drag my sorry arse out of bed at six o'clock in the morning. What could have been better than getting slightly toasted with my best friends around a fire pit while eating s'mores? Nothing. I believe I can safely say that a good time was had by all. Well, possibly not the poor Englishman who went up a hill and came down in dirty talk town. But I don't think we scarred Jonathan's friend for life so, all in all, no harm no foul and he couldn't have been lovelier about it all (I was, I must admit, disappointed that he wasn't on display behind glass as had been previously discussed but you can't have everything in this life).

Getting up the next morning? Not lovely. Not at all. I was a miserable bitch the entire day. Luckily there was not a lot of interaction with others on the job today. So, everything was going well till I, like a total and complete moron, fucked it up! I had to deliver about twenty-three envelopes today around my quite large and many storied building. So, what did I think to myself? "Self," I thought "why not take the stairs? Why, yes! That's a great idea!" That was, needless to say, not a great idea. I did it but it almost killed me. I made it up all the stairs and around every floor (1-16) without passing out but I took the elevator down or I would have fallen down. Here is the question of the day. Why am i so damn dumb?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best lines: "I believe I can safely say that a good time was had by all. Well, possibly not the poor Englishman who went up a hill and came down in dirty talk town."

Dark Fury said...

Thank you. I try.