Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Things I've Always Wanted To Do



http://secondcity.com/?id=training-education/training/chicago/course_index/impindex/weekend

It has been my dream since, well, birth to go toThe Second City. I always thought that if I took one day of one class there I'd be able to figure out if I was really funny. Hell, I think if I go to a show I could figure it out just by observing what is considered funny. I know. I know. You all think I'm funny. Thank you. Thank you and I don't care. Not to be rude but I need to know if I'm a specific kind of funny. I fear the answer which is why I've never been to Second City. Not even to a show. I fear the Second City...and I long for it. Go figure.




http://www.frenchpastryschool.com/our_program/index.html

If you're going to be a pastry chef you should be trained by the best. This school is the best. I've been thinking, on and off, about being a pastry chef since 2001. I don't know why. Everybody loves pastry and bread...well, not everybody but those people are friggin' scary so I'm not counting them...and I'm no exception. I would love to have my own bakery. I've always thought that would be the best job (outside of being funny for a living). I know it's wicked hard work and that you have to wake up at, what? 2 AM? Whatever. Don't care. It would be great. That's all.

PS
1.) Why does everything cost $22K? Why?! OK. If you follow the link to Second City that doesn't cost that much BUT that's only the weekend workshop. If you want to do all the classes it adds up to about $22K. Joy.

2.) Why are the two things I want to do in the coldest city I can think of? Do I like the cold? No. No. I don't. I'm cold when it's 65 out! Life is cruel.





No comments: