Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Every tree shakes.

This evening I took a Yoga/Pilates/Tai Chi class. It has a name which I can’t recall. It might be Pitaio. Or it might not. Like I said, I can’t recall.

Regardless! I spent an hour twisting like a pretzel. It didn’t suck . . and by that I mean it was fantastic.

Who knew I have kind of good balance? Not me. I fall down when I’m standing still. We won’t even talk about walking and chewing gum. People have gotten injured on that one. OK. Fine. We talked about it. I’m sorry. I had a picture in my head of me falling over and starting a domino effect around the room. While that would have been funny (and we all know I’ll humiliate myself for a laugh) it didn’t happen.

I think I finally found an exercise that I enjoy. Weird. Well, not so much. I enjoy anything I can do in bare feet.

This is not to say that it wasn’t wicked hard. It was. Oh, yes. It was. But in a good way (insert your own dirty joke as I’m tired). I shall be there again next week at 6:30 sharp. I encourage everyone who is a member of AMFAM to join me.

The plus? I hear Pilates makes you taller. If I keep it up I may hit 5’2”.

Dare I dream?

I dare.

3 comments:

girlysmack said...

I am so excited for you!!!!! Will you need a new alterego now? Like The Incredible Balancing Pretzelgirl? Which sounds more like a freakshow act than a superhero. Hmm. Which leads me to believe we now all need freakshow act names...

BlondeJustice said...

Yes please on the freakshow act names!

Dark Fury said...

OK! You're coming up with these, right? Get to it!